- Made in Italy out of a durable aluminum core with a magnetized aisi 430 steel base plate for use with rapid heat-transfer induction stoves.
- Triple layered with a professional coating that achieves non-stick perfection while remaining 100% free of APEO and PFOA, and the lesser known chemicals NMP and NEP.
- Delivers unprecedented non-stick performance without the risk of exposure to controversial perfluorinated chemicals.
- Features a hardened scratch-resistant coating that is super easy to clean and comfortable heat-resistant silicon Coated handle.
- Exclusively made in the province of Brescia, in the Lombardy region of Northern Italy.
|Product Dimensions||: 18.5 x 11.5 x 2.7 inches|
|Item Weight||: 2.4 pounds|
|Item model number||: ZP12-28|
From the Manufacturer
Exclusively made in the province of Brescia in northern Italy, Ozeri presents the Professional Series Induction Pan in Black Onyx, absolutely free of toxic chemicals such as APEO, GenX, PFBS, PFAS, PFOS, PFOA and the lesser known chemicals NMP and NEP. According to the FDA, many of these chemicals constitute a worrisome class of nonstick and stain-resistant compounds that have found their way into the food chain, including grocery store meats and seafood. A federal toxicology report has linked a number of health concerns to the presence of these compounds in people’s blood. Conventional pans sometimes utilize non-stick coatings made with the aid of per- and polyfluoroalykyl chemicals, also known as PFCs (PFBS, PFAS, PFOS, PFOA), which the EPA has cited as potential carcinogens and classified as a 'persistent pollutant of the environment,’ and APEO (Alkylphenol ethoxylates), which are restricted in Germany due to environmental concerns and toxicity in the food chain.
Labelled ‘forever chemicals’ due to their poor degradability and tendency to accumulate in people’s bodies, the EPA and FDA have cited consistent studies of people exposed to many of these compounds that suggest associations with several kinds of cancers, liver problems, low birth weight and other issues, concluding that many of these compounds are more dangerous than previously thought. By not using perfluorinated chemicals, the Professional Series Induction Pan’s coating stands ahead of the curve, achieving the highest marks for food safety and environmental health. In addition to being free of perfluorinated chemicals, the Professional Series Pan uses an inert coating that is applied using a water-based Sol Gel Technique which is free of the lessor known but potentially harmful chemicals NMP (N-Methyl-2-pyrrolidone) and NEP (N-ethyl-2-pyrrolidone), sometimes found in traditional cookware. With better non-stick properties, the pan consistently renders cleaning a breeze. The Ozeri Professional Series Induction Pan in Black Onyx is exemplary in its Italian craftsmanship, kitchen appeal, and inductive technology. Durable and scratch-resistant, the pan boasts an aluminum core with a magnetized AISI 430 steel base plate for use with rapid heat-transfer induction stoves, allowing it to achieve cooking temperatures with less energy and time. Made in Italy. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.