- Unlike other ceramic cookware brands, the Ozeri Black Ceramic Pan utilizes an ultra-safe ceramic coating inspired by nature which is 100% free of PTFE and GenX fluorinated chemicals (APEO, PFBS, PFOS, PFOA).
- Delivers unprecedented non-stick performance without releasing harmful fumes or toxins at high temperatures.
- Features a scratch-resistant 100 percent ceramic coating that is super easy to clean.
- Made out of durable heavy-gauge die-cast aluminum with no heavy metals or harmful chemicals.
- Boasts a comfortable heat-resistant Bakelight handle, and a magnetized induction stove safe base for rapid heat transfer.
|Product Dimensions||: 14.5 x 8 x 2 inches|
|Item Weight||: 1.6 pounds|
|Item model number||: ZP24-20|
Utilizing pure ceramic as a coating, the Black Ceramic Pan by Ozeri is one of the world's first frying pans to achieve non-stick perfection while remaining absolutely free of PTFE and GenX chemicals (APEO, PFBS, PFOS, PFOA). Conventional cookware and other ceramic cookware brands achieve their non-stick performance through a coating of PTFE (PolyTetraFluoroEthylene), a synthetic substance that has waxy properties. At very high temperatures, PTFE can begin to decompose and release fumes which are documented to be lethal to birds and small pets, and which can be harmful to humans. With the Black Ceramic Pan's Ecozeri technology, harmful toxic fumes are never released, even under high temperatures. Although the harmful acid PFOA, and to a certain extent PFOS, have been generally phased out of production as persistent pollutants of the environment, non-stick coatings today are often made with the aid of a new generation of advanced fluoropolymers, known as GenX fluorinated chemicals and PFBS.
According to EPA studies on these chemicals, the “data are suggestive of cancer” and when orally consumed, these chemicals may be harmful to health. The Black Ceramic Pan's 100% ceramic coating is completely free of PTFE and GenX fluoropolymers. In addition to being eco-friendly and ultra-safe, the Black Ceramic Pan's ceramic coating is far more durable and scratch-resistant than other non-stick surfaces. With exceptional non-stick properties, the Black Ceramic Pan by Ozeri allows you to saute, fry, bake, boil and braise with as little as half the amount of oil normally used, and it makes cleaning a breeze. The Black Ceramic Pan by Ozeri is made of the highest quality die-cast aluminum that allows for even cooking and fantastic browning without the risk of hot spots. It boasts a magnetized bottom for rapid heat transfer on induction stoves, and a heat resistant Bakelight handle.